What is a
Cookies are small text files generated by the site you’re browsing that are stored on the user’s computer, tablet, smartphone. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as language or type size) or to record the user’s browsing activity. The cookies of this website do not in themselves present a threat to privacy or a risk for your computer.
Different types of cookies:
Persistent cookies [ no consent of user is necessary ]
Persistent cookies help websites to remember your information and settings and assure a correct use of the website. These cookies are used only for the website you’re browsing in and for this reason are called First Party Cookies. These data are saved just for the current session. There are also cookies named analystic, which are used for the access statistics, they collect all general information and do not present a threat to your privacy.
Profiling Cookies [consent of user needed]
3rd party adserver
These are cookies used by websites (mostly free websites) that rely on advertising to provide free content to visitors, they turn to third-party ad serving companies (3rd party adserver’s cookies). Visite following links for more information:
How can I manage the cookies by visiting different web sites:
Most of the browsers aloud user to remove the cookies. Unfortunately many websites you browse will stop working properly if you do this.
Brief instruction to block/erase cookies in your browser:
- Open Firefox.
- Go to the „Tools“ menu
- Click on „Options“.
- Click on „Privacy“.
- You will see „Firefox will:“. Set it to „Use custom settings for history.“
- Click on the „Show Cookies“ button on the right side
- Now you can remove or block all cookies; then you can save your settings
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the „Tools“ menu and then click on ‘Internet „Options“
- Under the General Tab, you will see „Delete temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords…“ Click Delete
- The Delete Browsing History dialog box will appear, click the „cookies“ checkbox
- Click the delete button at the bottom of the dialog box
- You will be taken back to the Internet properties dialog box. Click „ok“
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to “Tools Menu” and click on “Options”
- Click on “Settings” and then “Show advanced settings”
- Under “Privacy”, you will see “Content Settings”, click on this
- Under “Cookies”, you will see “All cookies and site data”, click on this.
- Now you can remove or block all cookies; then save your settings
- Open Safari.
- From the Safari Menu, click on „Preferences“ and click on „Privacy“.
- Set your preferences for accepting cookies next to „Block Cookies“. For further information click on „Help“ (?)
If you want to find out if there are any website data/cookies being stored on your computer, click on „Details“